Aid Coordination Unit
To promote sustainable socio-economic development and the welfare of Gambians through the development and implementation of policies that support macroeconomic stability and effective public financial management.
- Coordinate Project/Programmes of multilateral agencies, monitoring on quarterly basis and prepare reports for the Hon. Minister of Finance, donors and project managers in a timely manner
- Conduct project manager's forums for assessment of progress and challenges affecting the smooth implementation of such projects
- Spearhead the implementation of the Aid Policy and the effective implementation of its Action Plans
- Coordinate the Aid Management Platform (AMP), its implementation and periodic assessment of the indicators
- Conduct Aid Management Task Force Meetings and continue training of members on the use of the AMP
- Development of annual aid bulletin report and its timely finalization
- Take part in project steering committee meetings and monitor the progress of project implementation
- Coordinate missions visits such as WB, AfDB, BADEA, IsDB and rest of the multilaterals agencies
- Lead the resource mobilization process for National Development Plan and the rapid respond plan of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs
- Conduct Paris Declaration surveys on a bi-annually basis
- Conduct country monitoring of projects/programmes and provide report on a timely manner
- Conduct Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR) for donor funded projects such as the WB, IDB, ADB e.t.c
- Coordinated several Donor missions in 2017.
- Coordinated two Country Portfolio Performance Review and Project Manager's forums.
- Project implementation monitoring.
- Training of Aid Coordination Task Force, AMP Team and Project Managers on Aid Management Data Base.
- Consultancy on Donor mapping in The Gambia
- Consultancy on the Annual Progress Report for the Aid Policy and Donor Consultation Retreat.
- Production, Validation and Printing of the Annual Aid Bulletin
- Spearhead the resource mobilization mission
- Production and Publication of Project briefs
- Coordinate donor mission, that culminated in the design and appraisal of the RWSSIP
- Coordinated the design and appraisal of the small Ruminants project (Agriculture)
- Recently coordinated mission on the approval of $45 million for NAWEC and GNPC
- Coordinated mission for discussions with NFSP&MC Management in preparation for the financing of the Gambia Trade Season
- Aid Coordination Policy
- Aid Action Plan
- Aid Bulletin
- Donor mapping in The Gambia
- Production of project implementation briefs
Ebrima L.S. Darboe
Director of Aid Coordination